Tuesday 28 February 2012


Logo Development:

After assessing my logo, and getting some feedback, I thought back to the guest lecturer and what he had mentioned about the BP logo, and how it looks like lots of things; lotus flower, sunrise/sunset, flower, pattern etc. and how everyone who looked at it had a different perception. I thought this was a great concept, and gave it a try for the Sustenance logo. I used the same font, and this time limited myself to one spot colour of black. I arranged apple slices in a cylindrical format and put apple seeds on the inside of the circle, so it looked like a pinwheel, an apple and a sun.

I was happy with this logo, but had concerns about how it would go with size reduction on packaging. My next logo attempt used the original apple image, but instead of having the apple beign held by the hand, i flattened the hand and turned it into a bite mark with chubby child fingers. I didnt use a fill which i think weakened the design, but I was happy with it.
The next step i took was to give the apple a fill and incorporate the text into it. I used the same blue as before and the same typeface and came up with the logo bleow:
This was my final design. I played around with it a bit more, changing thedirection of the hand, but when i moved it, i lost a lot of the thumb length and it looked less and less like a bite mark.
Overall i am happy with the final design and i think it matches the brand image well and will appeal to both the parents buying the product and also the children who will be consuming it.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment